Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2019

letter


From: Phurpa Lhamo <plhamo29@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:33 AM
Subject: Greetings from Jyenkhana Primary
To: phurpa lhamo <
plhamo29@gmail.com>

Dearest children,
It is such a privilege to write to you all. Although I have nothing much exciting to share you but I would like to share you about this particular book that I have been reading.
The title of the book is "As Men Thinketh" written by James Allen it is a very thin book but it is filled with thousands of wisdom in it.
 I read quite a number of books but this book is so special because it has the power to change a person who reads it. Yes.. it did to me,  because now I take great care in what am I thinking and what are my actions

The book talks about how we think and how we are molded by our thoughts.
It says thought in our mind has made us, what we are. If we have evil thought then pain will follow us like an ox on a cart but if we have good thoughts joy will follow us like our shadow.

Our mind is like a garden where it is filled with both flowers and weeds. Our responsibilities are to take out the weeds and to keep only the flowers. It says keep only the good thoughts and take away the  bad thoughts.
Because if we have good thoughts our actions will be good and with bad thoughts our actions will be bad.

You might be thinking why is this person wasting our time with all these useless talks, why is she not telling us to study hard like any other teacher but my dear children I believe that our main aim is to make you all a good human being and that starts with good thoughts.
If all of us have good thoughts then we will have good actions and with that comes the good fruits.

Therefore, you all my cheerful children try to read this book when you grow up, I promise it will bring forth you so many good changes in you.
Yours sincerely 

No comments:

Post a Comment