Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2019

Traveling experience


Travelling experience in Border roads
Travelling is a great experience for all of us. A reason why travelling is must means there is learning on life, culture and traditions, at the same time it is a big fun. But all the time travelling experience doesn’t become a worthy of remembrance.
If you happen to travel from Samdruo Jonkhar crossing two boarders of Assam and Bengal to reach Phuntsholing or vice versa, it’s going to be different experiences for you.
The moment you enter the Samdrup Jonkhar exit gate to Phuntsholing entrance gate, the  fears Will struck you down to enjoy the various beautiful scenes and living pictures of sub Indian ways; if you are not with an experienced traveller or the driver.
Being from the far flung village of east, there is no excuse for person like me to avoid the border journey.
Ask few people, they have got lot more stories to share the story of being raided or met accident in foreign land. There is no ways than to risk the life. Many lost and sacrifice lives and properties.
Speed is a problem. But can’t leave it away from it, despite the fact a traveller has to cover a longer distance. Many scenes like scattering of the stray hens stay dogs, stray goats, and stray villagers or blowing away of the bicycle are common sight in the Indian high way express. At least one accident scene is never missed along the meandering roads.
Who knows you may be the next in list to happen, if you were not aware of it?
I remember travelling once in a taxi from Samdrup Jongkhar to Phuntshpling. I woke up from my bed early as my alarm could ring. I prepared for the next six to seven hours journey. At the back of mind, I had the weird thought that I may not meet the accident on the way. So I did the morning chants and the prayer to keep such wild thoughts at ease. We started the journey around 5; 30 am. It was a drowsy drive, because of the late sleep after watching the various programs on geography channel inside the room. My driver was driving recklessly at few points. He never stopped for a while to give way to the cyclist or encountering oxen cart trying to cross the road.
On that day weather doesn’t favored us because it was raining heavily and all the foggy distance added our struggle. Unfortunately, the fog light was running out of conditions. Reaching somewhere in the heart of the Assam, my driver hit another car while losing control in slowing down the car to cross the speed breaker. I was sitting in a front seat and my knee had sandwiched the desk port of the car. My head hit the front glass and broken into few pieces and it was looking like the spider web in the front mirror.
Looking at my condition I was fine but the condition of the vehicle was horrible. To my driver’s surprise, colleen box was damaged badly and car failed to run smoothly. After sometimes, it stopped running. So, my poor driver got out and opened the bonnet, he checked the internal apart of the vehicle and spotted the lineage.
It was a bad luck for me and my friend because we are forced to pay some amounts in one of the car workshop on driver’s name.
On the other hand, one who was the victim of my driver was so furious and shouted to us “Are you trying to kill us” but my driver was speechless. Finally they settled the case and luckily their vehicle was running in good conditions.
 After the accident, I had many turbulent emotions overpowering me time and again; I regretted siting up in the front seat. On that day there was no charm in taking up the front seat. Countless vehicles coming from distance clicked my adrenaline awake.
Our journey took a sudden turn when my driver had taken a wrong route to reach P/ling. Another fearful story started to pick up when we have taken the road leading to Gomtu. We covered 15 km away from the main route when few Bhutanese truckers could direct us back to the main route.
Finally, I could make to Phuntsholing but it wasn’t a journey worth travelling. Any way thanks driver for safely reaching us to Phuntsholing entrance gate.
                To all Assami and Bengali people, Thanks for letting us to travel:
                                Thanks for the Indo Bhutanese’s friendship!
Note: If there were large number of travellers in the areas, aforementioned incidents are likely to happen. If you were not conscious of the time, travellers, vehicles and the driver, the way Indian treat the traveller will be different for all the time, you may get leftover foods that were served to the fellow travellers in restaurant, or become the complete victim of the angered Villagers. Please keep yourself in full awareness when you travel in border areas! May be this article will serve as a constant reminder to you.
                                                   Nima kuendrel zangpo
                                                   From lock and key diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment