Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2018

My pleasure on election Duty and its Challenge



My Pleasure on Election Duty and its Challenge
This time, I was for second time on election duty at Tsebar Lss as assistant Presiding officer.
The beauty of being on election duty is, we experience a new, unique, odd and new outlook of every village life. Often, I hear from my friend as " Zhungi Phap" on such duties, we see old friends and get good time to eat and sleep despite the high risk involvement if the service wasn't free and fair.
 
Common view of Tsebar Village and the way of livelihood- surrounded by cultivatable lands.
Particularly, Tsebar Village has got many religious monuments to meet your spiritual thirst,to name few, Jangchub chorten near the Japanese tunnel connecting Nganglam high way road. Just above the tunnel, there is a unique structural Chorten. Above Chorten magnificent Zangdokpleri stands offering with a strategic views to the people.Adjacent to this village there stands a beautiful Khawar Gonpa, where people come together to do their annual rituals and Drubchens.
 The view of Khawar Goenpa from my station
The most rewarding of all than receiving TADA,I get to learn many new things from the village. Of-course, Tsebar village is well know for craftsmanship of Duung and Jaalaing( religious instrument), this time I found skilled blacksmith on his work with a striking hammer and hot coal burning to make me a real sense.
The blacksmith at work,  Jaaling processing.
The village has around five hundred eligible voters and our duties are meant for their easy and convenient voting throughout the poll day. So, my team has ensured safe and secure voting to choose their right leader. However, everything didn't go well to new officials as expected because they need to become familiar with people and place. Many goes back with their own untold stories home for friends and family.
On my part not merely a big challenge but a learning new experience for the year.
I was only a vegetarian among our team and eating a non.veg curry was a challenge for me as well to the cooks.(police officials team did cooking) Neither I could ask them to prepare different veg.curry nor there was kitchen utensil and veg.to meet my need. I accepted the challenge and broke the promise of not eating dry fish at least on that particular meal. My level of hunger was high, so ate it. 
Another challenge was sleeping in Mph. My officials team arranged their bed on their choices and almost all occupied in four corners with a socket to recharge mobile battery. Luckily, I tried to manage my bed with my friend Sonam. Sleeping in a big room doesn't allow me a sound sleep because,their was an echoing of every sounds, phone calls,table moment or fan's moment. I am a Person who cannot sleep well, if fatty person snores like a Gypsum drill. 
My election duty officials.Venue: Tsebar LSS
Most irritating time was when dogs barks and cry on odd hours and housefly landing on my tip of nose. 
But those were little challenges but, other man's story could be worse even some didn't get a room for good accommodations.
Most interestingly, I had a good time being with my former Dzo.lopen. He taught me Dzo.during high school days. He was a presiding officer and his rich experience has been a blessings to our team. Overnight, we talked and shared our working experiences on politics, business and long legacy of people.
I also read few chapters on book called Think and become rich by Neoplolen Bill. I tired drawing the rough map of Khawar Gonpa view from my station.
On second day, our team was visited by police officers and his team. Briefed us to be aware of posting the photos on social media that are supposed to be sensitive to result in unfair voting or brain washing the public.
Most of our election duty days were spent on sleep and basking in a sun. It was a happy holiday from the school daily activities to re -energize person like me.
Finally, I learnt survival skills depending upon the good and worse situations. Yet it was fun experiencing the beauty of the village life.
Disclaimer: It's personal story and simple experiment on my writing. No further consequences is expected to arise.




1 comment: