Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2021


PARENTS TEACHER MEETING(TERM I) 2021

This year parents teacher meeting was held on Sunday,11th March,2021. As usual meeting was chaired by Zobel Gup. The agendas were tabulated and discussed for resolutions. I presented on the services rendered for  SEN children. I don't want to write the agendas and its resolutions but I want to share some thing that I want to express as my observation.

As I sat over the meeting, sensing the discussion the agendas and  points, I found the meeting was based on ones projections and perceptions. It shouldn't dilute the essence of meeting and the points of meeting. My expectation was to hear the ways and ideas to nurture our children together. Most of the views and the opinion expressed were just on one sided ideas. The entire meetings were dominated by false ideas. It was found that public doesn't have even a respect for the School workers.  Teachers eating lunch from the mess kitchen should not matter them as all their miscellaneous work are not paid as teachers work.

Teachers here are finding a hard time to manage water scarcity and public doesn't have any support to address this problem. As a leader, as a community, I feel teachers deserve a respect  and  have right for resources . 

 Finally, as I wait for the next meeting, I would like to hear the ways and ideas to cater the learning needs of our children and communities from the common floor. Not as someone's views and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment